Offered whole or filleted, fresh or smoked, trout from the Gottéron valley are then prepared in thousands of different ways.
For 4 persons
Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking: 40 mins
Ingredients: 4 trouts, 40 cl white wine, 10 cl vinegar, 2 carrots, 3 onions, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 bouquet of flat leaved parsley, 40 g common salt, pepper.
- Have the trout cleaned by the fishmonger.
- Peel the carrots and cut into slices. Peel and thinly slice the onions and cloves of garlic.
- Pour the wine into the cooking pot with 40 cl of water.
- Add the carrots, onions, garlic, parsley and half of the salt. Season with pepper and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 30 minutes. Strain the court-bouillon and leave to cool.
- Dissolve the rest of the salt with the vinegar in a small pan.
- Bring to the boil and put aside.
- Arrange the trout in the pan sprinkle the boiling vinegar over them then add the cooled court-bouillon.
- Put the pan on a low heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain the trout, arrange them on a dish and serve them accompanied by steamed broccoli, lemon slices and a sauceboat of melted butter with lemon.