The Loyalty Fountain, first mentioned in 1404, is located on Rue de la Palme. Today's fountain is typical of Renaissance art practiced from the sixteenth to eighteenth centuries.
The twelve-sided limestone cockled basin dates from 1768 and its friezes show weapons, an angel playing a trumpet, and St. Beatus killing the dragon. The columns base and the fountains spouts are from the same period. The columns fluted shaft, the most beautiful example of such in Fribourg, is decorated with music-making cherubs, as is the composite capital-both the work of Hans Gieng (1552-1553).