In Chapelle, the chapel dominates the village! Built in the 14th century, it contains frescoes and contemporary stained-glass windows that stand harmoniously side by side.
The lords of Illens built the first oratory on this hillock. It was expanded in around 1450, becoming a popular site of pilgrimage, the Notre-Dame des Champs chapel. Over time, a nave, a tower and a bell tower were added.
The Italian painter and sculptor Anselmo Francesconi designed its figurative frescoes, incorporating architectural elements, in 1988. The 1999 stained-glass windows form a dialogue with this decoration. They are by Marcel Dorthe. Its full-colour windows suggest the mysteries of the Virgin Mary.
The syndic (president or mayor) of the municipality describes his village as "an island of tenderness"